Media Access Control usually known as MAC address is a physical unique identity number that is assigned to each network adapter or wifi device. It’s a 12 character identity number used to identify your device over the internet either it’s a phone or any other device. Every device have a different mac address as it’s a primary path way to communication. Mac spoofing is the method to change your mac address to any other to get their communication messages. You ever wanted to change your mac address in Android? If yes, here I will show to spoof mac address in android phones?
Why we spoof mac address in android phones?
It is used to perform many tasks but the most common usage of spoofing mac address is to hack whatsapp account.
How to spoof mac address in android phones?
Here’s the complete step by step tutorial to spoof mac address in android phones.
- Android phone (It must be rooted)
- Terminal (It is available on play store)
- BusyBox (Install it from play store)
- First of all, note down your phone’s mac address. To find out, go to Settings > About > Status >Wifi Mac address.
- Now open up the downloaded app Terminal. Type su and hit enter. Command will execute and cursor will move to the next line.
- After that type busybox iplink show eth0 and hit enter. If it prompts some sort of error, replace eth0 with wlan0. Actually this is used to show your wlan mac address.
- Type busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX and hit enter. Do not forget to replace XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX with the mac address you want to change to. This will change your mac address to the mac address you just entered.
- To confirm whether it’s changed or not, type busybox iplink show eth0 and hit enter. It’ll show you the new mac address.
Congratx..! you just changed your mac address. Hope it will work for you. If you encounter any issue, feel free to query.